Monday, July 13, 2009

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the new VISION 2020 blog! With our posts here, we hope to let you peek into the various aspects of our work, and showcase the impact of VISION 2020.

I am the Chief Executive Officer of IAPB – the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness. IAPB is a global, umbrella organisation bringing together more than 100 eye care NGOs, national bodies, corporations and foundations, all working together to ensure that blindness prevention gets its due on the global health agenda. We are a UK-registered charity and have our offices in London.

I took over as IAPB’s Chief Executive after the IAPB Board Meeting in Bahrain in March 2009; moving on from my appointment as IAPB Director of Programmes. I have had numerous opportunities to interact with IAPB members and other stakeholders who play an important role in delivering VISION 2020’s mission. I have over 25 years experience of international development work and prior to this role, I spent eight years with Sightsavers International – an IAPB Group A member.

Advocacy is a primary strategic objective for IAPB's role within VISION 2020. With this in mind, I hope you will be interested to learn of our activities at this year's World Health Assembly. If so, stay tuned!

Peter Ackland,
Chief Executive Officer, IAPB

No comments:

Post a Comment